The mission of Sunday School and Discipleship Ministries International (SDMI) is to carry out the Great Commission to children, youth, and adults in preparation for a lifetime of Christian holiness.
Our purpose is to:
- Teach the Word of God until pupils are sanctified wholly and maturing in Christian discipleship.
- Help Christians mature spiritually by involving them in soul-winning ministries, reaching and teaching others to be disciples and make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Identify and visit unchurched people, inviting them to enroll in a small group and attend regularly.
SDMI District Leadership 2019-20
Chairman/Dir. of Adult Ministries – Michael Justice
Director of Youth Ministries – Brad Luke
Director of Children’s Ministries – Faith Wilson
Secretary – Beth Ellenberg
Treasurer – Rhonda Long
NMI President – LaVonne Mullins
Children’s Quizzing Director – Kelly Crawhorn
Children’s Camp Directors – Faith Wilson, Holly Cimala
At Large Members:
Holly Cimala, Michael, Morris,
Dennis Hasty, Stephen Melvin,
Tifany Dorn, Jera Tidball
Children’s Quizzing 2020-21
The philosophy of Children’s Quizzing is Bible study. It is important to help children know what the Bible says and help them demonstrate biblical teachings in actual life situations.
The goal of Children’s Quizzing is for children to know the God of the Bible.
The purpose of Children’s Quizzing Bible study and competition is to help children:
- Desire to study the Bible.
- Get acquainted with basic Bible study.
- Grow in understanding of the overall chronology of the Bible.
- Learn that God is the central character and Hero of the Bible.
- Gain increased understanding of God as He is revealed in each study.
- Understand how people in the Bible interacted with God, and know how people today may do so also.
- Enjoy quizzing competition.
- Grow in the ability to reflect Christian attitudes and behaviors during competition.
Quiz Meet Locations
- October 3: Summersville
- November 21: Monticello
- January 30: Lancaster
- March 13: Columbia
All quiz meets will begin at 10:00 A.M. Central Time.
Forms & Links